Beauty || Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette


I've been a 'working' girl for over 5 months now, so it's hard to believe that this is the first beauty splurge I have purchased, does that mean I am finally growing up? probably not! I was in London last weekend shopping with my cousin, when we decided to pop into  the Selfridges beauty department. By 'pop' I actually mean spending about an hour lusting over all the luxury products that neither of us could afford but wanted anyway! We came across the Zoeva stand and both of us fell in love with the products. Usually I purchase makeup if I have read a great review on it, seen it mentioned in magazines or generally if I have had my eye on it for a while. So purchasing this was a complete whim for me, but I am so glad that I did. After many swatches later the Cocoa Blend palette was mine and I have been enjoying playing around with it ever since.




The first thing that excited me about this palette was the gorgeous shimmery cranberry shade named 'warm notes'. This shade is extremely pigmented and was something I wanted to experiment and play around with! A couple of other favourite shades in the palette are 'Freshly Toasted', 'Substitute For Love' and 'Pure Ganache' which is a gorgeous golden shimmery shade. The pigmentation of this palette is something that I haven't really experienced before from a 'cheaper' eyeshadow palette. By cheaper I mean £18 compared to the Naked palette price of £39.50. If you have read my blog before, then you would note that I love the Urban Decay Naked palettes as well as the Too Faced Peach Palette. These are still firm favourites of mine, but the Zoeva palette fits right in with them for a fraction of the price. 

L-R: Bitter Start, Sweeter End, Warm Notes, Subtle Blend and Beans Are White.
L-R: Pure Ganache, Subsitute For Love, Freshly Toasted, Infusion and Delicate Acidity.




Overall, it's safe to say that I am already such a big fan of this palette. I love that you are able to use this palette to create such different looks - this makes it perfect for travelling. The pigmentation is perfect and lasts all day. I applied the makeup in the images above at lunchtime and took the final image of my eye at 11pm that night. Not only is my eyeliner still on (thanks Soap and Glory), but my eyeshadow stayed put also without any creasing! Another positive of this palette is the price tag. For £18 you get a lot for your money. I would have been prepared to pay at least £25 for this beauty. 

What do you think of this palette? Have you tried this one or any others from Zoeva that you think I might like? Let me know! 

Until next time, 

9 comments

  1. Those shades are SO gorgeous and you did such a nice makeup look!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been working for five months, you definitely deserve the splurge! Also, yes I know that experience way too much- walking in to a store with so many amazing things that are out of your reach when it comes to price range ;__;
    Kanra Khan

    twitter || instagram || facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pallet looks gorgeous! I’ve always wanted to try their products. You do swatches a hell of a lot better than I do too 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually on the look out for a dupe to the naked palette so this may be my go-to! The colours are so gorgeous & the price tag is so nice!

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing post! I’ve never tried any of Zoeva eyeshadows before but really intrigued too as I’ve heard such great things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the shades - they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to update my palette game, looks amazing.

    Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colours are SO pretty, oh my goodness! They look so pigmented as well! x

    Han | lifewithhan.blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this palette!! Definitely one of my faves and from one of my fave brands now too x Lovely review x (and lovely jumper too... where's it from?) x

    Jamie-Leigh x
    http://www.ofcljamieleigh.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox